Hunkered down at the epicentre of China’s virus epidemic and cut off from the world, the remaining foreigners in Wuhan are eking out a life in fear. As of Monday, 27 foreigners in China had been infected with the virus — 22 of whom were in quarantine, officials said. Ruqia Shaikh, a Pakistani postdoctoral researcher stranded at Wuhan’s Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, said most students at the school were confined to their dormitories, watching TV.
Posts from the same category:
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 8-American dies of coronavirus in China; five Britons infected in French Alps
- At least 67 killed by avalanches in Pakistan, India: government officials
- Bricks thrown at police, Northwestern University students pepper-sprayed in off-campus clash as protesters again call on university to defund its police
- Michigan school bus driver fired after kicking kids off bus for sharing bag of chips: Officials
- Wuhan bans cars, Hong Kong closes schools as virus spreads