Rescue workers have recovered a total of 33 bodies from a scuba-diving boat disaster off the coast of California, authorities said Wednesday, adding that one person remains missing. Divers have since recovered 13 other bodies, according to the Santa Barbara County sheriff’s department, which is in charge of the investigation. The boat had been on a diving excursion around Santa Cruz Island, just west of Santa Barbara in southern California.
Posts from the same category:
- Criminal investigation opens into fire aboard California dive boat: source
- 31 dead, 62 rescued after boats capsize in Philippines
- De Blasio Says Justice Given to Eric Garner—Family Says No
- Stranded North Carolinians take stock of Dorian's damage
- Iran says boat seized in Strait of Hormuz, Filipinos arrested