Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., stunned the political world last year when she pulled off an upset victory against a 10-term incumbent who held a leadership position in the Democratic caucus. Now candidates are looking to replicate some of her tactics to take on Democratic incumbents across the country. According to the group the Justice Democrats, which backed Ocasio-Cortez in her race, the first-time candidate succeeded in part because of her unique social media strategy, a refusal to take money from large corporations and her recognition of issues that resonate with millennials.
Posts from the same category:
- AOC's first congressional endorsements reflect subtle shift away from outsider status
- Harris Releases Plan for Six Months of Taxpayer-Funded Family Leave
- Joe Biden: Racism is a 'white man's problem' that is institutional in the U.S.
- Jeffrey Epstein dies in apparent suicide in New York jail
- Elizabeth Warren nabs 2020 backing of Iowa's state treasurer