A German man who has served 33 years in a US prison for a double murder arrived back in Germany on Tuesday, after receiving parole. Officials in the state of Virginia allowed 53-year-old Jens Soering, the son of a diplomat, to be released on parole. “I’m so happy to be in Germany after 33 years in prison in the US,” he told journalists in a short statement at Frankfurt Airport.
Posts from the same category:
- Australian sentenced to 36 years for murder, rape of Israeli
- US F-16 warplane crashes in Germany with pilot taken to hospital
- Oklahoma woman imprisoned in failure-to-protect case is free
- Sauna and oysters: Merkel recalls Berlin Wall fall
- Longest-ever wrongfully imprisoned woman in US history gets $3m in lawsuit settlement