Gunmen on motorcycles killed six French aid workers, a Nigerien guide and a driver in a wildlife park in Niger on Sunday, officials said. The group was attacked in a giraffe reserve just 65 km (40 miles) from the West African country’s capital Niamey, the governor of Tillaberi region, Tidjani Ibrahim Katiella, told Reuters. The six worked for an international aid group, Niger’s Defence Minister Issoufou Katambé told Reuters.
Posts from the same category:
- Gunmen kill 24 and injure 18 in attack on Burkina Faso church
- 40 suspects in Mexico Mormon massacre: lawyer
- Hariri says Israeli drones in Beirut attempt to stir Middle East tensions
- U.S. will aggressively enforce sanctions over Iran tanker: State Department official
- U.S. sanctions on Iran violate international law: Mahathir