There are a few things we know about the final stage of the Senate impeachment trial that begins Friday afternoon, but there are still quite a few things that are unclear about how things will go down.
The Senate will hear up to four hours of debate from President Trump’s lawyers and from the Democratic House impeachment managers, starting just after 1 p.m., on whether to call witnesses. And then there will be a vote on whether to consider witnesses, probably around 5 p.m.
Posts from the same category:
- Trump Lawyers to Senate: Reject ‘Defective’ Impeachment Articles to Protect the ‘Will of the American People’
- GOP Sen. Mike Braun: 'It'll be interesting to see' how Senate Republicans react to Bolton's bombshell
- Chief Justice Roberts won't compel witnesses to testify at Trump impeachment trial, legal expert says
- What happens to the articles of impeachment now?
- Ex-Trump campaign chief Lewandowski says 'happy' to testify before Congress