Iran said Monday that the missile-and-drone attack on major Saudi oil sites was an act of "legitimate defense" by Yemen's Iran-allied Houthi rebels. The Sept. 14 assault was claimed by the Houthis, though Saudi Arabia says it was "unquestionably sponsored by Iran." The kingdom has been at war with the Houthis in Yemen since March 2015.
Posts from the same category:
- Mohammed bin Salman backs Yemeni government as Saudi-led coalition descends into infighting
- Trump says US locked and loaded in response to drone attack
- Saudi crown prince visits UAE amid push to end Yemen war
- OIC criticises Malaysia's Muslim summit
- Iran vows response to attack on tanker off Saudi coast