Gone are those good old days when penciled-in and thin eyebrows were the trend. Today, ladies dream of well-shaped and thick eyebrows. Thick eyebrows can enhance your look and make you look more youthful. This is a stark contrast from sparse and thin eyebrows that only make you look older and less energetic. How will you achieve the much coveted healthy eyebrow growth, then?
Eyebrows of most women have taken a good beating through the years in the form of waxing, plucking, and threading. Whether your eyebrows can use some help because of going overboard with grooming, or you have thin eyebrows because of the aging process, below are a few useful ways to encourage natural eyebrow growth.
Diet to maximize eyebrows growth
It is not a secret that a good and balanced diet is very important to maximize hair growth. The same thing applies for your eyebrows. For the hair follicles of your eyebrows to grow to their fullest potential, you have to feed them with proper nutrients.
Iron is important because this can help red blood cells in carrying oxygen to every cell in your body, which includes your hair follicles. Foods that are rich in iron include lean cuts of meat, green vegetables, fish, and milk.
Speaking of lean meat cuts, protein is one more diet staple that is important to promote healthy growth of hair. Your hair follicles are composed of almost completely keratin, a type of protein. Getting lots of protein in your diet ensures that you have a good level of keratin production.
Some other vitamins and nutrients that can promote eyebrow growth include:
- Vitamin A – red peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes
- Vitamin C – oranges, papayas, broccoli, lemons
- Vitamin E – olives, spinach, peanuts, basil, almonds
- Biotin – salmon, leafy greens, avocados, eggs
- Omega- fatty acids – salmon, olive oil, walnuts, avocados
Paying close attention to your daily diet helps nourish your brows for them to grow faster.
Application of essential oils on the scalp is a great way to promote blood flow and growth of healthy looking hair. You can follow the same approach on your eyebrows as well. Essential oils work through scalp invigoration, enhancing blood circulation around hair follicles and developing a healthy and clean environment for hair to grow.
You can follow these simple steps for applying essential oils on your eyebrows:
- Soak a clean swab of cotton in essential oil then apply it to both your brows.
- Massage your brows using your fingertips for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Leave on the oils for a minimum of 30 minutes or you can also leave this on overnight if you like.
- Use warm water to wash off the essential oil then moisturize your face just like how you usually do it.
- Repeat this once every day or every other day until you notice improvements.
Some of the best essential oils perfect for healthy eyebrow growth are olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. Castor oil is rich in antioxidants that keep the area clean and contains essential hair growth proteins and vitamins. Olive oil and coconut oil are also great due to their iron and vitamin E content, two crucial nutrients that stimulate hair growth.