Australia has ruled out retrieving dozens of Australian women and children from refugee camps during the cease-fire in Syria. About 46 Australian women and children who fled Islamic State-held territory are being held at the al-Hawl refugee camp in northern Syria. Eight Australian offspring of two slain Islamic State group fighters were removed from Syria in June, Australia’s only organized repatriation from the conflict zone.
Posts from the same category:
- Erdogan Threatens Europe With Refugees After Syria Criticism
- Canada deploys divers in search for fugitive teen murder suspects
- Isil leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'died like a dog and coward' in US special forces raid, says Donald Trump
- Fear grips Bangladesh camp as 2 Rohingya refugees killed
- 'He died like a dog': Trump announces killing of ISIS leader al-Baghdadi in Syria