Australia has ruled out retrieving dozens of Australian women and children from refugee camps during the cease-fire in Syria. About 46 Australian women and children who fled Islamic State-held territory are being held at the al-Hawl refugee camp in northern Syria. Eight Australian offspring of two slain Islamic State group fighters were removed from Syria in June, Australia’s only organized repatriation from the conflict zone.
Posts from the same category:
- Gay Saudi journalists detained in Australia after asylum bid
- Australia braces for second heatwave as wildfires continue to rage
- Erdogan Threatens Europe With Refugees After Syria Criticism
- Isil leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'died like a dog and coward' in US special forces raid, says Donald Trump
- Canada deploys divers in search for fugitive teen murder suspects