Twenty people, including children, were killed Tuesday in the southern Philippines when the flatbed truck they were riding in plummeted into a ravine, police said. The dead included children aged between one to six years old, with the driver among those injured, he added. Deadly road accidents are common in the Philippines, where inadequately maintained buses and poorly trained drivers form the backbone of land transport options.
Posts from the same category:
- Grieving mother shares heartbreaking tribute to children on 'first day of school'
- US F-16 warplane crashes in Germany with pilot taken to hospital
- Michigan school bus driver fired after kicking kids off bus for sharing bag of chips: Officials
- New Zealanders have turned in more than 10,000 guns after mass shooting in Christchurch
- El Paso shooting suspect Patrick Crusius could face the death penalty; hate crime charges possible