Twenty people, including children, were killed Tuesday in the southern Philippines when the flatbed truck they were riding in plummeted into a ravine, police said. The dead included children aged between one to six years old, with the driver among those injured, he added. Deadly road accidents are common in the Philippines, where inadequately maintained buses and poorly trained drivers form the backbone of land transport options.
Posts from the same category:
- Grieving mother shares heartbreaking tribute to children on 'first day of school'
- 40 suspects in Mexico Mormon massacre: lawyer
- US F-16 warplane crashes in Germany with pilot taken to hospital
- Death toll in Indonesia bus plunge rises to 35 as more victims found
- Iranian beauty queen wins asylum in Philippines