When marketing Rio de Janeiro, Brazil's national tourism agency typically focuses on the city's world-class beaches, samba-filled music scene and caipirinha-fueled parties. Violent crime is rarely listed among the attractions. "I just spent 3 days in Rio with my family, and in those 3 days my family and I were robbed and my 9-year-old sister witnessed a violent robbery," Instagram user "withlai" wrote in an Instagram Stories post.
Posts from the same category:
- Girl, 11, gave birth to baby allegedly fathered by brother
- Exonerated Central Park Five members speak out: ‘Not too many things have changed since 30 years ago’
- An Idaho couple wed just weeks after the groom's wife died in suspicious circumstances. Now they're wanted for questioning after the bride's 2 kids were reported missing.
- Iran's sole female Olympic medallist defects
- Former Liberty University Student Alleges Sexual Encounter With Becki Falwell: Report