Footage emerged Saturday of the moment a bomb exploded in a Bangkok mall as the city hosted a major summit, the device apparently hidden inside a cuddly toy animal. There were nine successful or attempted bomb blasts on Friday throughout Bangkok which left four wounded as the city hosted a regional summit attended by top diplomats, including US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi. Footage showed an explosion in a shopping mall minutes from the summit venue in the early hours of Friday morning, after it was apparently planted by a man dressed in a student’s uniform about 12 hours earlier.
Posts from the same category:
- Iran slams US for barring Zarif from New York hospital visit
- Italian city evacuated as World War Two-era British bomb is defused
- OIC criticises Malaysia's Muslim summit
- Five wounded as knife attack caps day of Hong Kong political chaos
- Hong Kong police break up scattered clashes between rival protesters