Donnie Cleveland Lance, 66, is scheduled to die Jan. 29 at the state prison in Jackson, state Attorney General Chris Carr and Department of Corrections Commissioner Timothy Ward announced Friday. Lance has exhausted his standard appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court declined last year to hear his case, though three justices dissented. According to a Georgia Supreme Court summary of the case, Lance went to Wood’s home the night of Nov. 8, 1997, kicked in the front door and shot Wood in the front and back with a shotgun and then beat Joy Lance to death with the butt of the shotgun, the summary says.
Posts from the same category:
- Supreme Court rejects fast-track review of health care suit
- Lawyers ask parole board to spare condemned man's life
- Indian holy site prays for closure after court battle
- U.S. Supreme Court declines to shield gun maker from Sandy Hook lawsuit
- Australian sentenced to 36 years for murder, rape of Israeli