Text messaging services were blocked in Indian Kashmir just hours after being restored when a truck driver was killed by suspected militants and his vehicle set ablaze, authorities said Tuesday. Separately, Indian officials said a 24-year-old woman died in the latest exchange of artillery fire with Pakistan over their de-facto border dividing the blood-soaked Himalayan region.
Posts from the same category:
- Woman ‘thrown in jail’ while delivering Christmas gifts to children in Mexico border migrant camps
- Lebanon Shiites mark Ashura in show of anti-Israel defiance
- Rohingya 'bandit' couple killed in Bangladesh gunfight
- Police block thousands marching in Pakistani Kashmir
- Woman accused of encouraging boyfriend to kill himself releases last text message they sent