Text messaging services were blocked in Indian Kashmir just hours after being restored when a truck driver was killed by suspected militants and his vehicle set ablaze, authorities said Tuesday. Separately, Indian officials said a 24-year-old woman died in the latest exchange of artillery fire with Pakistan over their de-facto border dividing the blood-soaked Himalayan region.
Posts from the same category:
- Lebanon Shiites mark Ashura in show of anti-Israel defiance
- Rohingya 'bandit' couple killed in Bangladesh gunfight
- Police block thousands marching in Pakistani Kashmir
- Brazil inmates 'suffocated' during transfer after jail riot
- Young boys tortured in Kashmir clampdown as new figures show 13,000 teenagers arrested