A Rohingya couple was shot dead during a gunfight in a border town camp hours after they were detained by Bangladesh police, officials said Sunday, the latest killings amid growing tensions between the refugees and authorities. Police in Teknaf town said the refugee couple — Dil Mohammad, 32, and his 26-year-old wife Jaheda Begum — were members of a Rohingya “bandit group”. Authorities claim the gang killed a local ruling party official, Omar Faruk, in a refugee settlement in southeastern Bangladesh last month.
Posts from the same category:
- Fear grips Bangladesh camp as 2 Rohingya refugees killed
- New Jersey mayor admits getting drunk, taking off his pants and passing out in employee's bed
- Young boys tortured in Kashmir clampdown as new figures show 13,000 teenagers arrested
- Cops in Missing Siblings Case Search Doomsday Writer’s Home
- Prince William and wife Kate land in Pakistan capital after aborted flight