Satellite images released on Thursday show that a once-detained Iranian-flagged oil tanker sitting off the coast of Syria has been approached by a smaller Iranian tanker, an indication the ship could be preparing to transfer its cargo. Images released by Maxar Technologies show the Jasmine alongside the Adrian Darya 1 on Wednesday, with mooring lines between them and a crane deployed on the larger vessel. The Adrian Darya 1, formerly named the Grace 1, was detained off the British overseas territory of Gibraltar in July while carrying $130 million in crude oil, on suspicion of breaking European Union sanctions by taking the oil to Syria.
Posts from the same category:
- Satellite images show US-pursued Iran tanker still off Syria
- Iranian news agency says tanker leased to shipping firms
- Iran oil tanker pursued by US turns off tracker near Syria
- U.S. will aggressively enforce sanctions over Iran tanker: State Department official
- Fox News host Tucker Carlson accused of echoing white supremacist slogan on air