Six people including a police officer and two suspects were killed during an hours-long shootout across a New York suburb not far from the Statue of Liberty, local officials said. “Our officers were under fire for hours,” Jersey City Police Chief Michael Kelly told reporters after the latest high-profile US shooting. In addition to the officer and the suspects, three civilians were killed in the incident that began around midday at a cemetery and ended in a store, Kelly said.
Posts from the same category:
- Police: Home in California backyard shooting was targeted
- Police reach breaking point amid protests, pandemic, rising crime
- 3 killed, 1 person in critical condition after Texas club shooting
- PHOTOS: Deadly shooting at California football party
- Man whose info found on Jersey shooter nabbed on gun charge