An attorney for the family of a Black teen killed by a suburban Milwaukee police officer vowed Thursday to keep fighting and working to prove racism pervades the officer’s department, after a prosecutor declined to file charges in the case. Attorney Kimberley Motley said she plans to file a federal lawsuit against Wauwatosa Police Officer Joseph Mensah in 17-year-old Alvin Cole’s death. Motley sued in state court on Tuesday seeking department documents that she believes will show Mensah’s supervisors are racist and that officers have racially profiled Black drivers for years.
Posts from the same category:
- Entire Rochester Police Leadership Resigns After Daniel Prude Death
- Death of troubled officer whose gun wasn't taken away marks record number of suicides in NYPD
- Texas police officer charged in death of Pamela Turner, a Black woman whose killing was captured on video
- NYPD officer fired in chokehold death sues to get job back
- Georgia sets execution for man convicted of killing 2 people