Tens of thousands of protesters, primarily in Europe and Asia, hit the streets on Friday to make a fresh call for action against global warming, hoping to raise pressure on world leaders days before a UN climate summit. Carrying signs that read “One planet, one fight” and “The sea is rising, so must we”, thousands flocked to Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate for the latest “Fridays for Future” protest inspired by 16-year-old activist Greta Thunberg. In total, about 630,000 people demonstrated across more than 500 cities in Germany, the Fridays for Future movement said.
Posts from the same category:
- 'How dare you': Greta Thunberg tears into world leaders over inaction at U.N. climate summit
- Leonardo DiCaprio reacts to Trump's 'insulting' tweet to Greta Thunberg at 2019 Global Citizen Festival
- Thousands defy crackdown in Moscow's biggest protest for years
- Sauna and oysters: Merkel recalls Berlin Wall fall
- Hong Kong protesters form human chains to call for democracy