President Donald Trump has abruptly forced out John Bolton, the hawkish national security adviser with whom he had strong disagreements on Iran, Afghanistan and a cascade of other global challenges. The sudden shakeup marks the latest departure of a prominent voice of dissent from the president’s inner circle, as Trump has grown less accepting of advice contrary to his instincts.
Posts from the same category:
- 'We're not some banana republic': National security adviser defends removal of Trump impeachment witness from White House job
- Bailed tycoon Ghosn flees to Lebanon from 'rigged' Japan
- Trump refuses to concede he was wrong about hurricane forecast
- White House says bin Laden son killed in US operation
- 'There can be no greater crime': Trump seek to rally skeptical UN around religious freedom initiative