Two police officers in Tulsa, Oklahoma, were shot and critically wounded on the city’s east side Monday morning and police arrested the suspected gunman following a more than seven-hour search, authorities said. David Anthony Ware, 32, was arrested about 10:45 a.m., said Capt. Richard Meulenberg. The officers — Sgt. Craig Johnson and rookie officer Aurash Zarkeshan — remained in critical condition Monday afternoon and were “fighting for their lives,” said Police Chief Wendell Franklin.
Posts from the same category:
- NYPD chief, protesters roughed up in Brooklyn Bridge clash
- DC Police release body camera footage from fatal shooting
- Police chief: Officer faked shooting, distress call
- Slain Black man's family vows legal fight against police
- In wake of Englewood shooting, Chicago mayor says all police officers dealing with public need body cameras