Two police officers in Tulsa, Oklahoma, were shot and critically wounded on the city’s east side Monday morning and police arrested the suspected gunman following a more than seven-hour search, authorities said. David Anthony Ware, 32, was arrested about 10:45 a.m., said Capt. Richard Meulenberg. The officers — Sgt. Craig Johnson and rookie officer Aurash Zarkeshan — remained in critical condition Monday afternoon and were “fighting for their lives,” said Police Chief Wendell Franklin.
Posts from the same category:
- Police chief: Officer faked shooting, distress call
- Six dead in hours-long New York-area shootout
- Texas pastors seek federal action after police shoot black woman in her home
- Six people aged 62 to 85 arrested for 'sexual activity' in woods after police surveillance operation
- One man killed and another wounded in Seattle's occupied protest zone