The White House announced Saturday that Hamza bin Laden , the son of the late al-Qaida leader who had become an increasingly prominent figure in the terrorist organization, was killed in a U.S. counterterrorism operation in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region. A statement issued in President Donald Trump’s name gave no further details, such as when Hamza bin Laden was killed or how the United States had confirmed his death. Administration officials would provide no more information beyond the three-sentence statement from the White House.
Posts from the same category:
- Taliban want US deal, but some in bigger hurry than others
- Trump calls off Afghanistan peace talks after claiming he was due to meet Taliban at Camp David
- Taliban visits Moscow days after Trump says talks 'dead'
- Immigration officer blows whistle on 'morally objectionable' Trump asylum policy
- Democrats' Medicare for All must consider union-won plans: AFL-CIO