Pakistan’s government is seeking to remove the leader of a three-judge panel that sentenced former military ruler Pervez Musharraf to death on charges of treason and added a rider about his corpse, Law Minister Farogh Naseem said on Thursday. The judge, Waqar Ahmad Seth, had violated judicial conduct by issuing the bizarre order that Musharraf’s body should hang in public if he dies before his execution. The federal government had decided to approach the Supreme Judicial council.
Posts from the same category:
- Is confirming Barrett worth the possible blowback for the GOP?
- Should Judge Sullivan Be Disqualified from Flynn Case? An Appeals Court Is Asking
- Coronavirus: Zimbabwe arrests 100,000 for 'violations' of measures
- Trump news: President threatens Portland protesters with ‘strong offensive force’ as White House condemns delay of Hong Kong elections
- Trump says federal government should again seek death penalty for Boston bomber Tsarnaev