Pakistan’s government is seeking to remove the leader of a three-judge panel that sentenced former military ruler Pervez Musharraf to death on charges of treason and added a rider about his corpse, Law Minister Farogh Naseem said on Thursday. The judge, Waqar Ahmad Seth, had violated judicial conduct by issuing the bizarre order that Musharraf’s body should hang in public if he dies before his execution. The federal government had decided to approach the Supreme Judicial council.
Posts from the same category:
- ICE ups ante in standoff with NYC: 'This is not a request'
- Pakistan pulls back on prosecuting Chinese sex traffickers
- Body found in ravine in search for British scientist missing on Greek island
- Prince William and wife Kate land in Pakistan capital after aborted flight
- Mysterious swarms of giant drones have started to appear in the Colorado and Nebraska night sky, and nobody knows where they're coming from