President Vladimir Putin said the Russian navy will get 40 new ships and vessels this year, as he attended a naval parade in St. Petersburg on Sunday marking the Navy Day in Russia. The parade in St. Petersburg and the nearby town of Kronshtadt featured 46 ships and vessels and over 4,000 troops and aimed to “demonstrate the growing power of our navy,” Putin said Friday.
Posts from the same category:
- PHOTOS: China marks 70 years of communism with massive show of force
- Moscow Has a Field Day With Trump’s Fireworks at Mt. Russia-More
- Putin to meet mother of Israeli backpacker jailed over hash
- Kremlin hails special relationship with China amid missile system cooperation
- Ukraine releases 'key MH17 suspect' ahead of expected prisoner swap with Russia