Iran’s Foreign Ministry says it has imposed sanctions on the Washington-based Foundation for Defense of Democracies and its CEO for its role in promoting sanctions and “economic terrorism” against Iran. A Saturday report by Iranian media, including the semi-official Fars news agency, quoted a statement by Iran’s Foreign Ministry as saying the foundation and its CEO Mark Dubowitz “intentionally” damaged vital interests of Iran through spreading lies and negative campaigning against Iran.
Posts from the same category:
- Iran ratchets up pressure ahead of weekend nuclear deadline
- U.S. sanctions on Iran violate international law: Mahathir
- Six tourists have been arrested over accusations that they damaged Peru's cultural heritage
- Iran vows response to attack on tanker off Saudi coast
- Ex-CIA boss: "There will be dead Americans" after Iran general killed