All westbound lanes of Interstate 64 in York County, Virginia, about 50 miles (80 km) southeast of Richmond, remained closed Sunday afternoon as authorities worked at the scene of the pileup, which began shortly before 8 a.m. EST, the Virginia State Police said on Twitter. Fog and icy conditions were present on the road at the time of the accident, police said in a tweet. A representative for the state police could not immediately be reached for comment.
Posts from the same category:
- US F-16 warplane crashes in Germany with pilot taken to hospital
- New details emerge on snowstorm plane crash that left 9 dead
- Kremlin says it is winning arms race against U.S. despite rocket accident
- Police: Home in California backyard shooting was targeted
- Warren Deletes Infamous DNA Test Tweet One Year After Reveal