A senior U.S. official on Wednesday rejected claims that the government sent an American citizen to Venezuela where he’s been charged with plotting terrorist attacks and labeled a spy. Venezuelan authorities say they captured a man identified as Matthew John Heath with a trove of photos, specialized weapons and cash. “The U.S. government did not send Mr. Heath to Venezuela,” Abrams said.
Posts from the same category:
- U.S. seen as 'exporter of white supremacist ideology,' says counterterrorism official
- US tries to seize Iranian gas heading toward Venezuela
- New Zealanders hand in 50,000 guns after assault weapon ban
- PHOTOS: In monochrome — Venezuelan fishermen among oil ruins
- Norway mosque "terror attack" suspect remanded in custody