Heavily armed fighters surrounded security forces in a Mexican city on Thursday and made them free one of drug lord Joaquin ‘El Chapo’ Guzman’s sons, after his capture triggered gunbattles and a prison break that sent civilians scurrying for cover. Security Minister Alfonso Durazo said a patrol by National Guard militarized police first came under attack from within a house in the city of Culiacan, 1,235 km (770 miles) northwest of Mexico City. After entering the house, they found four men, including Ovidio Guzman, who is accused of drug trafficking in the United States.
Posts from the same category:
- Two More Bodies Found at Tijuana Property Where Missing California Couple Were Buried Under the Dirt Floor
- Venezuela ex-intel chief missing in Spain ahead of US extradition: police
- Police block thousands marching in Pakistani Kashmir
- Man whose info found on Jersey shooter nabbed on gun charge
- Two WWII bombs made safe in Germany