Prosecutors said Rachael Hilyard cut off the head of 63-year-old Micki Davis using two steak knives on April 9, 2017. Davis had gone to Hilyard’s home with her 9-year-old grandson to collect her son’s belongings, at Hilyard’s insistence. Hilyard’s lawyer acknowledged his client killed Davis but said it was not premeditated, which is required for a first-degree murder conviction, The Wichita Eagle reported.
Posts from the same category:
- 9-year-old charged with murder in 5 Illinois fire deaths
- Second man found guilty in the murder of 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee in Chicago
- Retired Detective Murdered His Wife to ‘Enjoy’ Retirement With New Lover: Prosecutors
- U.S. rebuffs Britain's extradition request for diplomat's wife after fatal crash
- Jeffrey Epstein injuries ‘far more consistent with murder than suicide’, lawyer says