China faced deepening isolation over its coronavirus epidemic on Sunday as the death toll soared to 259, with the United States and Australia leading a growing list of nations to impose extraordinary Chinese travel bans. China toughened its own quarantine measures at the centre of the outbreak in Hubei province, a day after the United States temporarily barred entry to foreigners who had been in China within the past two weeks. “Foreign nationals, other than immediate family of US citizens and permanent residents… will be denied entry into the United States,” Health Secretary Alex Azar said.
Posts from the same category:
- U.S. Declares Public Health Emergency Over Coronavirus and Will Deny Entry to Foreign Nationals Who Have Been in China
- China's Communist Party is purging local officials as public anger mounts at coronavirus epidemic that has killed more than 1,000
- China scrambles to contain 'strengthening' virus
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 8-American dies of coronavirus in China; five Britons infected in French Alps
- Foreigners stranded in Wuhan by virus tell of fear and rations