A California prison inmate confessed in a letter that he beat two child molesters to death with a cane while behind bars just hours after his urgent warning to a counselor that he might become violent was ignored, a newspaper chain reported Thursday. Jonathan Watson, 41, confessed in the letter to the Bay Area News Group in Northern California that he clubbed both men in the head on Jan. 16 at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran. “We can’t comment on an active investigation,” Dana Simas, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, wrote in an email.
Posts from the same category:
- Groups ask California governor to deter parolee deportations
- Sixteen inmates killed in Mexican prison fight, scarring troubled system
- Georgia authorities search for convicted rapist and child molester who was released 'in error' from prison
- New Mexico man gets life for killing family as teen
- Kamala Harris suffers new blow as aide resigns with scathing letter: 'I've never seen staff treated so poorly'